On Sunday, May 1st, 2016, we announced the totals received to date in gifts and pledges (see photo at left) for our RENEWING OUR MISSION – Inside and Out Campaign. We are so very grateful to our Steering Committee (Carol Dussault, campaign chair) including members of Church Council and 5 congregational “Gift Chairs” (team leaders) — Cathy Britton, John Donovan, John Engberg, Dr. Elise Opel, and Larry Samet.
We are thankful to all of our members and friends who have supported First Congregational Church UCC in this way. We have gotten positive responses from at least 178 households. It is amazing what we can accomplish when we all work together!
Here is a brief update on some of the projects:
- To date, we have received over $440,000 in gifts toward $960,300 in pledges!
- HVAC Updates – in early 2016: work in basement included asbestos abatement, electrical changes and the replacement of three Air Handling Units that serve Lucas Hall, Lounge, and Sanctuary. (Photos here.)
- 2016-2017: two hot water boilers have been installed to replace the old steam boiler. These are more efficient and reliable.
- Digital controls have been completed.
- Parking lot repairs – The north storm water catch basin (drain) was replaced in late May ’16 and the largest cracks were ground out and re-filled with fresh asphalt. (Photos here.) Re-striping was done also.
- Gift over 3 years to Lakeland College (for Reinhard Ulrich Chair of Theology & Ethics)
- Gift over 3 years to United Church Camps, Inc. (Pilgrim Center and Moon Beach camps)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Kathleen Donovan, our Campaign Secretary. Her email is email@example.com